Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 1 without Facebook

It didn't take long for me to become bored today. I will admit I didn't do any extra housework or laundry with my extra time.  I watched TV, four episodes of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  I did get some of my Humanities project done too.

I wasn't home all day, I had to pick up the basketball trophies and run to Merle Norman for foundation.  Then onto the PIC meeting.  I was home long enough to listen to Z complain and argue about how miserable his day was.  I keep trying to explain to him that he gets to decide how much people bother him.  That he just needs to find his joy and ignore them.  It's not working, maybe 9 is too young to understand that concept.  I am sure his dad hasn't figured that out yet either. lol

Mass was an hour early tonight, for Ash Wednesday.  It was pretty crowded, like a Sunday.  I decided not to do youth group tonight because of the Spanish Mass being at 7.  At the end of our Mass one of the ladies got up and gave an update about Father Nano.  I can't stop crying.  He found out today that he has stage 4 colon cancer.  I just can't believe it.  He is just one of the sweetest people I have ever known.

He is full of so much joy and love.  His joy is contagious.  I am heartbroken he has to go through this.  He has done so much for our parish and youth group.  He goes so much to the children, our faith formation and  youth group have grown so much because of him.  He hears my confession and has touched my heart so much.  He has helped me to grow as a mom, a wife, a woman, and a Catholic.  He is just so funny.  I am praying for healing for him.  I want to see him again around the church, to just see his smile and hear his laugh.

So without Facebook I don't know what to do with all these thoughts.  I feel kind of alone, since I don't have anyone to chat with now.  I guess it's an early bedtime for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment