Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's True What They Say

About your life passing in front of your eyes when you think you're going to die. The same think happens when you think it's someone you love. I have had a hard time sleeping lately. I can't get to sleep, I can't stay asleep. So last night I was sleeping great. For all of two and a half hours when the phone rang at 2:35am. I got out of bed thinking it was Mike calling me for some reason. I tried to make it before the call notes picked up. They pick up at 3 rings and we can't figure out how to change it.

I didn't make it. So I went to the caller id and called the number back. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see who I was calling but figured if you call me in the middle of the night I don't care if I wake anyone at your house when I call you back. I got a message that the phone number was disconnected. Ok, I know the phone rang. So I think was Mike calling me to tell me that phone was shut off? Crazy I know but it is the middle of the night and I did just jump out of bed and run across the room.

So I got back into bed and put my glasses on to see who it was. It was Mike's sargent. Ok, my heart started racing, my hands started shaking and all I can think is this is his new sargent and somethings happened. Since we live so far away, it's long distance to call back, that's why it didn't work when I redialed from the caller id. So I have to grab my cell to put the number in it because I know I won't remember it to just punch it in. And they cell doesn't work in the house.

So as I'm dialing the number I'm thinking ok I have to call Jerry and Linda to come and be with the kids. I guess I'm not going to Austin. Why didn't I call him before I went to sleep at midnight. Did I kiss him good bye?

Ring
Yo?

What's going on?

Oh is this Spurger? Oh he left his cell at home....

No this is Spurger's wife and you just called my house at 2:30 in the morning and I thought my husband was hurt or dead!

Oh I am very sorry, I had this as his cell number. (a very contrite sargent) I'm so sorry.

sigh, ok breath,

I'm so sorry I'll try to find him.

huh? I'll give you his cell number.

I'm so sorry.

The number is xxx xxx can't talk the tears have started and my heart is in my chest, he's ok. Oh thank you God he's ok. xxxx

I'm so sorry.

So think I could go back to sleep after that? No and as I'm laying there I think, find him? huh lol Is he lost? So of course I have to call him and make sure he's really ok. Which he is. His sargent needed to come get a tape out of his car. Evidently he'd made a dui arrest earlier and they needed to secure the dash cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment