Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Stairs

Thursday we will buy the lumber to build a staircase. I'm so freaking excited. I have been looking at instruction sites and have them designed in my head. I know Mike can do this he's so meticulous. I am so sick of having one bedroom for all of us. This house is way too small. By finishing the upstairs we will double the space. It will make this house bigger than the old house. I need the space.

It's weird making this our home. It was never meant to be. Every time I look around I see Marsha, not me. I've made a few changes but it's pretty hard to do anything when we're stacked on top of each other. So I know this will help. Then I'm going to turn the bedroom now into the living room. I'll start by painting it. Then the living room will become the office/game room.

I know it will help Mike sleep by being upstairs and away from all of us. It will be darker and quieter. I will also be so happy to not have my room at the front of the house! The street light drives me batty. Now it will be at the back of the house. I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment